Labor Day. Could there be a better way to celebrate these fleeting days of summer than with lobster? Sunny Maine days are made for clam bakes on the beach, seafood BBQs and lobster boils. Here are five easy lobster recipes for Labor Day that you won’t have to labor over. Enjoy!
1. The Labor Day Lobster Club The juxtaposition of the salty, crispy bacon against the sweet lobster meat and the savory cheese in this lobster club sandwich recipe is heavenly. As an added bonus, lobster is leaner than the traditional turkey or chicken club sandwich fillings. Click here for my favorite lobster club sandwich recipe.
2. Labor Day Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich Fire up your George Foreman Grill for this magnificent merger of humble grilled cheese and luxurious Maine lobster. The nutty cheeses used in this lobster grilled cheese sandwich recipe take its flavor to the next level. Click here for my favorite lobster grilled cheese sandwich recipe.
3. Labor Day Lobster Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta and Alfredo sauce are all you need to transform a handful of left over lobster meat into a satisfying dinner. Toss in some jumbo shrimp for an extra injection of texture and protein. Click here for my my easy lobster fettuccine Alfredo recipe.
4. Labor Day Lobster Pasta with Mascarpone and Peas The creamy, smooth texture and subtle flavor of the mascarpone cheese in this dish enhances the sweet, succulent taste of lobster. Fresh garden peas capture the essence of summer. Click here for a great lobster pasta recipe with Mascarpone and peas.
5. Lobster Newburg This lobster newburg recipe, handed down from my grandmother to my mother and then to me, is as simple as it is delicious. No cognac or sherry. No eggs or cream. Just a basic white sauce, enhanced with some nutmeg and Cayenne pepper, ladled over toasted saltine crackers. Click here for my family’s delicious lobster newburg recipe.
Enjoy! And if you’re looking for wine pairing recommendations for your Labor Day lobster recipes, click here.